WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS DOCUMENT?
|LINUM CONSULT is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
This privacy notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you during and after your working relationship with us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
LINUM CONSULT is a recruitment business which provides work-finding services to its clients and work-seekers. We must process personal data (including sensitive personal data) so that it can provide these services – in doing so, we act as a data controller. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. We are required under data protection legislation to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice.
DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
|We will comply with data protection law. This says that the personal information we hold about you must be:
THE KIND OF INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
|Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
There are “special categories” of more sensitive personal data which require a higher level of protection.
For the purpose of securing potential employment via Linum Consult, we will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
- Personal contact details such as name, title, addresses, telephone numbers, and personal email addresses.
- Date of birth where necessary (i.e. for Visa purposes)
- Marital status and dependants (if family status mobilisation is requested)
- Next of kin and emergency contact information
- National Insurance number (within the UK)
- Bank account details, payroll records and tax status information (if contracted via Linum Consult)
- Salary, annual leave, pension and benefits information.
- Start date.
- Location of employment or workplace.
- Copy of Passport or driving licence
- Employment records.
- Compensation history.
- Employment references
We may also collect, store and use the following “special categories” of more sensitive personal information:
- Information about your race or ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation and political opinions.
- Trade union membership.
- Information about your health, including any medical condition, health and sickness records.
- Genetic information and biometric data.
- Information about criminal convictions and offences.
HOW WILL YOUR DATA WILL BE COLLECTED?
Linum Consult collects personal data directly from you. For example, it collects personal data when you deal with Linum Consult in person, by telephone, letter, fax, email, via our website, or via a job board or;
- supply a CV or application form;
- fill out and submit a registration form;
- subscribe to job alerts emails;
- submit any other information in connection with your application for registration;
HOW WE WILL USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
|We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to, most commonly as follows:
We may also use your personal information in the following situations, which are likely to be rare:
Situations in which we will use your personal information
- To establish that you have the right to work and are legally entitled to work in the country / geographical location of employment
- Assessing qualifications and training for a particular job opportunity where relevant
- To undertake relevant security and criminal record checks as required by our clients and prospective employers and as permitted by law
- To put in place contractual arrangements and documentation once a role has been secured
- Complying with health and safety obligations where relevant
- To prevent fraud
Some of the above grounds for processing will overlap and there may be several grounds which justify our use of your personal information.
Who we share your personal data with
At times Linum Consult may be required to share your personal data with third party service providers for the provision of background checking, screening agents, recruitment management software, administration support services for facilitating communications and CV processing.
Linum Consult take reasonable steps with our third-party service providers to ensure that the terms of service are adhered to and recognise that we are bound by obligations to protect the privacy of your personal information.
Any Personal Data provided to us may be stored on our internal database and/or systems and transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA). Countries outside of the EEA may not have data protection laws which are as stringent as those countries which form part of the EEA, however Linum Consult has processes in place to ensure your information and privacy are protected when information is transferred to other countries.
Linum Consult may transfer only the information you provide to us to countries outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’) for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. We will take steps to ensure adequate protections are in place to ensure the security of your information. The EEA comprises the EU member states plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.
Legitimate Business Interests
Linum Consult is a recruitment company that facilitates permanent and temporary contract employment contracts by introducing candidates to our clients. The exchange of both candidates and client contacts personal data is a fundamental and essential part of the process.
Linum Consult requires resumes and personal information to be registered by candidates in the creation of a candidate record on Linum Consult’s internal database. We use our internal database to keep you updated with employment opportunities and company updates.
We may also use other marketing methods such as job alerts and targeted marketing campaigns. Should a candidate no longer wish to be contacted by the way of SMS, phone and/or email, concerning the services provided by Linum Consult, please contact our Data Protection Officer.
Linum Consult also records client data on our internal database in the form of client’s representatives’ details which includes email addresses, telephone numbers, mobile numbers, business addresses and website addresses to facilitate our services.
Linum Consult also holds personal information on referees needed to make determinations about the suitability of a candidate for a particular job. This information may include contact information such as names, job titles, qualifications telephone numbers, mobile numbers, fax numbers and email addresses.
Correspondence from e-mails sent and received are stored in our systems in case it is to refer back at a later date for reference and information purposes.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
HOW WE USE PARTICULARLY SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
|”Special categories” of particularly sensitive personal information require higher levels of protection. We need to have further justification for collecting, storing and using this type of personal information. We may process special categories of personal information in the following circumstances:
Less commonly, we may process this type of information where it is needed in relation to legal claims or where it is needed to protect your interests (or someone else’s interests) and you are not capable of giving your consent, or where you have already made the information public.
We will use your personal information in the following ways:
- We will rely on your consent to process your personal information which is collected at the start of the recruitment process.
- Information and documentation to ascertain your right to work is processed by us as we are legally obliged to do so.
- Upon contacting you for a position, we will process your information into a formatted CV and send it to our client(s). We would not send your information without your express knowledge or approval.
- For the purposes of paying you, if employed on a contract basis through Linum Consult, we are legally obliged to provide information to HMRC.
Once a placement has been finalised, we may also process your data on the basis of our legitimate interests, i.e. for administrative purposes.
|We may have to share your data with third parties, including third-party service providers and other entities in the group. If we do, you can expect a similar degree of protection in respect of your personal information.|
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. Our services are all hosted from a datacentre within the EEA which is ISO27001 certified.
In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
How long will you use my information for?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003, require us to keep work-seeker records for at least one year from (a) the date of their creation or (b) after the date on which we last provide you with work-finding services.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
RIGHTS OF ACCESS, CORRECTION, ERASURE, AND RESTRICTION
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”).
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
There may be circumstances where the Company will still need to process your data for legal or official reasons. We will inform you if this is the case. Where this is the case, we will restrict the data to only what is necessary for the purpose of meeting those specific reasons.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact our data protection officer, Fiona Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org in writing.
In the event you are not satisfied with our response, you also have the right to raise concerns with Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) or any other relevant supervisory authority, if you believe that your data protection rights have not been adhered to.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
The cookies in use by this website to deliver the Google Analytics service are described in the table below.
These cookies are used to store information, such as what time your current visit occurred, whether you have been to the site before, and what site referred you to the web page.
These cookies contain no personally identifiable information but they will use your computer’s IP address to know from where in the world you are accessing the Internet.
Google stores the information collected by these cookies on servers in the United States. Google may transfer this information to third-parties where required to do so by law, or where such third-parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
For more information on the usage of cookies by Google Analytics please see the Google website
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time, and we will provide you with a new privacy notice when we make any substantial updates. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information.